Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Message from The Juran Man

In 2007, Quality Digest referred to me as the "Juran Man." I was never told why. I hope it was because I learned and applied what he taught me. I would have never thought I would be running the Institute he founded 20 years later. In the 1980's, many quality professionals were arguing about which guru did the most for corporate America. Dr. Juran stayed out of the argument. He was so humble; he did not like being called a guru. He wanted to be known as a good researcher, business consultant, and contributor to society. Dr. Peter Drucker stated, "Joe Juran did more for American manufacturing than any other person in this century." I received many e-mails from around the world and will post them shortly. Thanks Dr. Juran for all your support and knowledge about life. We will miss you.

No comments: